1. Include Formatting Controls in Blog Posts
2. Include Special Characters in Blog Posts
3. Include Emoticons in Blog Posts
4. Include (object) Quotes in Blog Posts
5. Include (object) Tables in Blog Posts
6. Include (object) Photos in Blog Posts
7. Include (object) Galleries in Blog Posts
8. Include (object) Links in Blog Posts
9. Include (object) YouTube Videos in Blog Posts
10. Include (object) Google Maps in Blog Posts
11. Include (object) Price Lists in Blog Posts
1. Include Formatting Controls in Blog Posts (entered without any spaces):
1a. [ sp ] to include extra spaces in a blog post like[ sp ][ sp ][ sp ] this.
1b. [ u ] underlined text [ /u ]
1c. [ i ] italic text [ /i ]
1d. [ b ] bold text [ /b ]
1e. to center something:
[ center ] centered object [ /center ]
example nested use:
[ center ][ b ]bold [ i ]italic[ /i ][ /b ] centered text[ /center ]
2. Include Special Characters in Blog Posts:
[ special character ] where special character is one of the following (entered without any spaces):
where rows equal the number of table rows, columns equal the number of table columns, border or noborder indicates the table border and table elements are the elements in the table. For example:
[ center ] [ [table:3,4,border,small number,1,2,3,color,red,green,blue,large animal,horse,cow,big dog] ] [ /center ] (entered as one long line)
produces the following table:
Please Note: table elements may contain spaces as in "small number", "large animal" and "big dog". table elements may also contain formatting controls, special characters and emoticons, but not objects such as [ [quote...] ], [ [table...] ], [ [photo...] ], etc.
6. Include Photos in Blog Posts: all photos displayed in ATVIIR: Blogger[tradenmark] blog posts must first be uploaded to ATVIIR: Galleries onLineTM. All members of ATVIIR: BloggerTM are also members of ATVIIR: Galleries onLineTM and may upload and / or use any ATVIIR: Galleries onLineTM image in any ATVIIR: BloggerTM blog post.
The control for inserting a photo into a blog post is:
[ [photo:photo name] ] where photo name is the ATVIIR: Galleries onLine name for the photo.
For example, to include these photos in a blog post:
Please Note: Photos entered on the same line "float" next to each other and can not be centered in blog posts. The photo name may be obtained by clicking on "View Image Details" underneath each thumbnail photo in Galleries onLineTM.
7. Include Galleries in Blog Posts:
The control for inserting a Gallery into a blog post is (entered without any spaces):
[ [gallery:memberIdSelected,galleryIdSelected] ] where memberIdSelected and galleryIdSelected may be obtained by viewing a member gallery with the gallery link turned on, i.e. [View Member Profiles] --> [View Galleries] --> [Turn Gallery Link On].
For example, the control to insert my "Care Sheets" gallery would be (entered without any spaces):
[ [gallery:100,13] ]
8. Include Links in Blog Posts: there are two types of links in ATVIIR: BloggerTM blog posts:
8a. URL Links:
The control for inserting a URL link into a blog post is:
[ [url:link] ] where link begins with http:// followed by the webpage address.
The control for inserting a YouTube® video is (entered without any spaces):
[ [youtube:source] ] where source is the source of the YouTube® Video.
For example, to include this video:
enter (without any spaces):
[ center ] [ [youtube:http://www.youtube.com/v/LU8DDYz68kM?fs=1&hl=en_US] ] [ /center ]
Please Note: The source video may be found in either the value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LU8DDYz68kM?fs=1&hl=en_US" or src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LU8DDYz68kM?fs=1&hl=en_US" parameters of the YouTube® Embed code.
10. Include Google Maps in Blog Posts:
The control for inserting a Google Map into a blog post is (entered without any spaces):
[ [map:latitude,longitude] ] where latitude and longitude are entered as degrees-minutes-seconds-direction in the format dd-mm-ss.ss-d
For example, to include a map to the official residence of the Prime Minister of Canada (24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON, Canada) enter (without any spaces):
[ center ] [ [map:45-26-39.71-N,75-41-37.72-W] ] [ /center ]
Please Note: This feature is currently only available in Mozilla Firefox.
11. Include Price Lists in Blog Posts:
The control for inserting a price list into a blog post is (entered without any spaces):
[ [pricelist:member name,start,end] ] where price list data is obtained from ATVIIR: My Business() and start / end define the range of item codes to be displayed. If no range is specified, i.e. [ [pricelist:member name] ], then the whole price list is displayed.
posted on Sunday April 4, 2010 at 12:54pm by Administrator
1. Why can't my blog visitors register for ATVIIR: BloggerTM from my blog?
2. Why do my ATVIIR: BloggerTM Visitor Comment emails contain all my ATVIIR: Post Parser tags?
3. Why does my blog sometimes say "This web site needs a different Google Maps API key."?
Question 1. Why can't my blog visitors register for ATVIIR: BloggerTM from my blog? Answer. The ATVIIR registration form is a bit too wide to fit inside the iframe that most bloggers incorporate into their websites. The login form is much smaller than the registration form and easily fits inside the ATVIIR: BloggerTM iframe.
Question 2. Why do my ATVIIR: BloggerTM Visitor Comment emails contain all my ATVIIR: Post Parser tags? Answer. To eliminate the ATVIIR: Post Parser tags in emails would require that they be converted to HTML, which is often blocked by email programs.
Question 3. Why does my blog sometimes say "This web site needs a different Google Maps API key."? Answer. This usually happens when translating your blog to other languages. Just click "OK" to Google's message.
If you have a question or comment about ATVIIR: BloggerTM, I would love to hear what you have to say. Please post any questions or comments you may have here.
posted on Sunday April 4, 2010 at 12:53pm by Administrator
Access to this website and use of ATVIIR: BloggerTM and other services offered here are subject to the terms and conditions of this User Agreement (TOS) and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademarks. By accessing the services herein provided, you accept, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms and conditions in this User Agreement (TOS). ATVIIR reserves the right to reasonably change these terms and conditions at any time. If, and when, any changes are made, they will appear on this page. By using the services of this website, you agree in advance to accept any changes.
1. Member Age: ATVIIR members must be at least 13 years of age or provide written parental consent, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to become a member of ATVIIR.
2. Posting: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law, and to promptly remove any such content should it be posted or transmitted. You further agree that you will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless ATVIIR and its agents against any claim arising from any content that is posted or transmited to ATVIIR: BloggerTM. We reserve the right to reveal whatever information we have about anyone or anything in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any content posted on ATVIIR: BloggerTM. Please note that you are a guest on a privately-owned website. Posting on ATVIIR: BloggerTM is a privilege that we hope you will enjoy and respect. All members are to have only one user name and are to post under that name exclusively. The administrator, or agents acting on behalf of the administrator, may revoke the posting privileges or the membership of any individual who does not wish to follow the rules or who, in the sole opinion of the administrator, is a detriment to this and/or other ATVIIR websites.
3. Commercial Posting: Any member that has any commercial connection to a product or company, or to a directly competing product or company, is requested to clearly divulge that relationship when posting a comment about that product or company.
4. Control of Information: You acknowledge that ATVIIR does not control the information available on member blogs and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any member blog or on any other user or member-generated pages are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Although ATVIIR may from time to time monitor or review member blogs and other user and member-generated content on ATVIIR: Blogger, neither ATVIIR nor any of its agents are under any obligation to do so. ATVIIR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any post or content submitted to or posted on ATVIIR: BloggerTM.
5. No Warranty: The user and member-generated content of ATVIIR: BloggerTM may contain information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. They are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are imposed by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither ATVIIR nor its agents endorse or are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement posted on ATVIIR: BloggerTM.
6. Ownership Of Posts And Transmissions: Any communication or content posted or transmitted to ATVIIR: BloggerTM is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything posted or transmitted, and you grant ATVIIR the right to forever display this content on its websites. ATVIIR makes no ownership claims to any material posted or transmitted to ATVIIR: BloggerTM and agrees that all submitted materials, text, graphics, images, files and other material posted or transmitted to ATVIIR: BloggerTM remain the sole property of their creator.
7. Assumption of Risk: Your use of ATVIIR: BloggerTM is at your own risk. Neither ATVIIR nor any of its agents shall be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the services of ATVIIR: BloggerTM or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information contained on ATVIIR: BloggerTM. You hereby waive any and all claims against ATVIIR and any of its agents arising from your use of the services of ATVIIR: BloggerTM and the information contained thereon. ATVIIR does not review or monitor any websites linked to the user and member-generated content of ATVIIR: BloggerTM and is not responsible for the content of any such linked websites. Your linking to such websites is at your own risk.
8. Membership Cancellation: You may cancel your ATVIIR membership at any time by emailing the ATVIIR Administrator, at email@example.com, of such. Upon receipt of a membership cancellation request, the ATVIIR Administrator will deactivate your account and remove any personal information, such as your first and last name, email address, secret question, secret answer, membership password, etc., from your ATVIIR Membership Profile. However, any non-personal information posted or transmitted to ATVIIR: BloggerTM or any other ATVIIR website may continue to exist and be displayed at the sole discretion of the ATVIIR Administrator. Conversly, if your membership is revoked, the above procedures will be followed as if you had cancelled your own membership.
10. Jurisdiction: This User Agreement (TOS) and any disputes arising from or related to the services of ATVIIR: BloggerTM or any other ATVIIR website shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
posted on Sunday April 4, 2010 at 12:03am by Administrator
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as information contained in ATVIIR: Canadian Aquarium and Terrarium Animal Legislation (CATAL) and search functions of ATVIIR: Aquarium and Terrarium Animal Risk Assessment and Regulation (ATARAR), ATVIIR: Galleries onLineTM and ATVIIR: Webpage Portal.
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
1. Information You Provide – When you sign up for an ATVIIR Account that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password).
2. Cookies – When you visit an ATVIIR website, we may send one or more cookies – a small file containing a string of characters – to your computer or other device that uniquely identifies your current visitor session. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some ATVIIR features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
3. User Communications – When you send email or other communications to ATVIIR, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
ATVIIR processes personal information on servers in the United States of America and in Canada. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We process personal information to provide our own services to you.
ATVIIR only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of ATVIIR in the following limited circumstances:
1. We have your consent.
2. We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ATVIIR, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
When we receive formal written complaints at our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, it is ATVIIR’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between ATVIIR and an individual.
posted on Saturday April 3, 2010 at 10:24pm by Administrator
ATVIIR: BloggerTM is a web-based application which enables ATVIIR members to incorporate a very robust blog into their personal or business websites, with a single line of HTML code, without the hassle and expense of enhanced PHP / MySQL enabled hosting plans.
What is a Blog and How is it Used?
Blogs have long been a tool for building dynamic website content and for communicating with family, friends, co-workers and customers. But what is a blog and how is it used?
A blog is a type of website resource, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is also an important part of many blogs. Blog entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.
Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art, photographs, videos, music, and audio (podcasting).
As of December 2007, blog search engine Technorati was tracking more than 112,000,000 blogs.
1. To Express Your Thoughts and Opinions
You have something to say, and blogs provide a place to say it and be heard.
2. To Market or Promote Something
Blogging is a great way to help market or promote yourself or your business, product or service.
3. To Help People
Many blogs are written to help people who may be going through similar situations that the blogger has experienced. Many parenting and health-related blogs are written for this purpose.
4. To Establish Yourself as an Expert
Blogs are wonderful tools to help bloggers establish themselves as experts in a field or topic. For example, if you're trying to get a job in a specific field or hoping to publish a book on a specific topic, blogging can help legitimize your expertise and expand your online presence and platform.
5. To Connect with People Like You
Blogging brings like-minded people together. Starting a blog can help you find those people and share your opinions and thoughts.
6. To Make a Difference
Many blogs are issue-based meaning the blogger is trying to provide information to sway people's thinking in a certain direction. Many political blogs and social issues blogs are written by bloggers who are trying to make a difference in their own ways.
7. To Stay Active or Knowledgeable in a Field or Topic
Since successful blogging is partially dependent on posting frequency and providing updated, fresh information, it's a perfect way to help a blogger stay abreast of the events in a specific field or topic.
8. To Stay Connected with Friends and Family
The world has shrunk since the Internet has become more accessible. Blogs provide a simple way for family and friends to stay connected from different parts of the world by sharing stories, photos, videos and more.
9. To Make Money
It's important to point out that most bloggers don't make a lot of money blogging, but the potential does exist to generate revenue from your blog with hard work and commitment. There are many bloggers who bring in big bucks. With patience and practice, you can make money through advertising and other income-generating activities on your blog.
10. To Have Fun and Be Creative
Many people start a blog simply for fun. Perhaps a blogger is a fan of a particular actor or loves knitting and wants to share that passion through a blog. One of the most important keys to successful blogging is having a passion about your blog's topic, so you can write prolifically about it. Some of the best and most interesting blogs started out as blogs that were written just for fun and to give the blogger a creative outlet.
ATVIIR: BloggerTM gives the blog owner the ability to post and categorize blog entries while allowing visitors and other ATVIIR members to post comments about any blog entry. ATVIIR: BloggerTM entries are parsed by the ATVIIR: Post Parser function enabling the easy inclusion of emoticons, Google maps, photos, quotes, text, videos and web-links into any blog entry.
posted on Friday April 2, 2010 at 09:20am by Administrator
All rights reserved. Commercial inquiries welcomed. Optimized for 1280 X 1024 screen resolution. Best viewed full screen with Chrome 4.0+, Firefox 3.0+, Internet Explorer 8.0+, Opera 9.0+ or Safari 4.0+